Friday, November 26, 2010

Christmas Activity Advent Calendar

I love countdowns, if you didn't know.
I've been searching for a while now for a good advent calendar for Christmas.

I like these, but they aren't offered anymore:
(pottery barn, from ohhappyday)

Advent1

Although very cute, the two above seem time consuming
So I settled on making this one below.


I wanted each compartment/day to be big enough to hold a small treat for my daughter and a note for the holiday activity we will do for that day.
You can purchase the kit here, It's called the Kaiser Craft advent calendar
(I say kit because it was a little time consuming than I thought it would be- a lot of sanding and filing down the boards). But it comes as plain as can be so you can add your own personal style. 
I'll post my advent activities soon.

More ideas I like:

An adorable "giving" advent calendar from Katherine Marie Photography
You have to check it out! She and her kids do a selfless act of kindness each day.


Magnetic Advent Calendar from Martha Stewart
another magnetic calendar from Twig and Thistle
Glittered Magnetic Advent Calendar



A few more simple ideas
via ohdeedoh



Happy Counting-down!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails