Saturday, August 21, 2010

Honeydew Melon Bellini

I'm a big fan of anything Honeydew flavored, especially these Melona Bars.
So when I found this Honeydew Melon drink recipe I had to try it.
The original recipe can be found here, but since I'm not an alcohol drinker I twisted it up a bit to my liking (not to mention kid friendly).
 
Honeydew-bellini-1

Ingredients:
  • 5 cups of diced honeydew melon, about ½ of a large melon
  • 2 Tbs lime juice
  • Sugar to taste based on the sweetness of the melon
  • 1 bottle of club soda or ginger ale

Preparation:

  1. Combine the diced honeydew melon with the lime juice and sugar in a blender and blend until you obtain a smooth puree.
  2. Strain the puree, chill for at least 30 minutes or until ready to use.
  3. Pour the honeydew melon juice into champagne flutes or other glass, no more than half full.
  4. Add the club soda or ginger ale, pouring it gently to avoid making a bubbly mess.
  5. Stir lightly and serve immediately.
It comes out refreshing and bubbly so watch out for the carbonation bubbles.
YUM!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails