These simple lanterns can be a great way to decorate for your next party.
(in case you are pom-pom-ed out)
They add color and festivity.
They are easy to make too:
- Construction paper
- Glue, glitter, sequins, if desired to decorate your lantern
How to make it:
- Use your ruler to measure and cut one inch off the short end of your paper. Set aside to use as the handle.
- Fold your paper in half lengthwise.
- Draw a line one inch from the end of the long edge of the paper opposite the folded edge. This will be the line where you stop cutting.
- Measure and mark lines one inch apart starting at the folded edge and moving towards the "stop cutting" line. (see photo)
- Cut on the marked lines up to the "stop cutting" line.
- Unfold the paper.
- Re-crease the paper in the opposite direction. This will hide any pencil marks.
- Match the long edges together on the lantern and use tape to hold it in place.
- Staple the handle to the top of the lantern. (see photo)
- Make as many lanterns as you wish and display them around your home.
- If you wish, add glue, glitter, sequins or other things to decorate your lanterns.