Thursday, March 4, 2010

How to: Spring make-over

I'm coming down with a fever. 
Spring fever. 

We've had two Japanese paper lanterns/lamps in our kitchen for a few years now.
 I really like the feeling and ambiance of lighting they give off, 
I just felt that they needed a pop of color. 

I saw this idea a few weeks ago on a blog while searching for new crafts
 but I've long forgotten where the source came from. 

But here is how you do it:
 Let your imagination take you away and starting painting a bare branch. 
The more spontaneous and less planned out it is, the better
Then add some flowers and fill in gaps with green buds and leaves. 
Viola!
I used normal acrylic paint and plan to make small pink flowers out
 of tissue paper and place over each painted flower for a 3D effect, 
I just don't have the right color of tissue paper right now. 

before & after


Follow this branch pattern if you don't know where to start. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails